BekaertDeslee is the world’s leading specialist in the development and manufacturing of woven and knitted mattress textiles and covers. We employ more than 3900 people and realize a turnover of +350 million EUR. Our 24 business units are spread over 18 locations worldwide. The BekaertDeslee headquarters are located in 87, Belgium and we are a portfolio company of the leading German family equity holding Haniel. Our purpose is to improve the lives of many, for generations, enabling the planet to sleep better.
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer
In this position, you will be providing support to the Continuous Improvement manager.
- In collaboration with Department manager and other leaders, lead and drive sustainable purposeful and meaningful leader standard work and CI Governance including: Gemba Walks, 5S strategy, Improvement ideas and Performance management.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems standards.
- Daily, Weekly, and monthly CI meetings and reviews at the department level.
- In collaboration with Department Manager and other leaders own the sustainment and improvement of the Daily Performance Management system and application of BD standard Lean tool set (VSM, SW, Visual Management).
- Hands on support of the implementation and sustainment of the BD overall CI strategy and chosen methodologies.
- Conduct root cause analysis related to Quality using the adequate tools of a set as defined by BD and its investors (RCCM, A3, 8D, etcetera).
- Plays an active and organising role in productive Kaizen events in their locations.
- Works based on principles of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish).
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification desirable
- Knowledge of single piece flow lean manufacturing concepts (Toyota Production System)
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve
- Demonstrates a “go and see” bias.
- Excellent customer focus attitude
- Excellent communication skills
You will have the opportunity to learn and build experience in customer services and further expand your skills in a highly dynamic team.
We offer you a job in an agile and international working environment where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued.
The BD work@home policy will support you in creating a good work – life balance.
You will receive an attractive salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits.