BekaertDeslee Australia (BDAU) has an opportunity for a motivated person to join our design team as a Designer. With 100 employees on site employed in Production, Design, Sales and Administration, our manufacturing site is dynamic and customer driven. The position is based in Dandenong South, Victoria.
- Researching and creating new designs weaves and constructions.
- Developing, interpreting, modifying and visualising innovative and marketable textile products.
- Creating new fabric designs using EAT, CAD/CAM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Managing fabric designs from inception through to the finished product.
- Providing innovative and original concepts by drawing on your textile design experience, creativity and skills.
- Building strong relationships, internally and externally, across the whole production process of fabric
To be successful in this role you will have
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent in Textile Design.
- A strong commitment to textiles and a passion for knits and Jacquards.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A professional work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively within the Design team.
- Collaborate closely with Sales team and Product development
- Confidence to build a strong partnership with our customers
- Ability to travel (customer visits, fairs, market research)
- A great eye for detail within large scale design.
- Willingness to spend the time on quality rather than quantity
- Work within set timelines
- Gain a strong insight in the market
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for your projects.
- Proven organisational and communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven ability to coordinate projects and work within complex environments
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this fantastic opportunity, please have them contact: Daniela Ghioghiu, HR Manager on 0412 701 831 or email resume to email@example.com.