- Ensures compliance with all OSHA and BekaertDeslee safety requirements to include written policies, communications, training and recordkeeping.
- Ensures employees are adequately trained to understand and comply with safety procedures required by OSHA and environmental agencies.
- Creates and updates Plant Safety Forms, checklists and manuals per department.
- Maintains and updates all SDS’s on the online system, and ensure accessibility to employees.
- Administers the online LMS (learning management system) for safety training
- Receives all incident reports, completes investigation and works with dept. managers on corrective actions
- Maintains knowledge of worker’s compensation rules and regulations
- Performs monthly Safety Topics to all shifts relative to compliance calendar.
- Conducts forklift classroom training and administers certification program for Power Trucks.
- Coordinates emergency drills
- Continually stays updated on all OSHA standards
- Investigates all accidents; follow up; root cause analysis. Maintains good records for each.
- Maintains OSHA 300 log and submits electronically on an annual basis, as required by OSHA
- Authorizes all medical treatment and “return to work” program for injured employees
Security and HR Administration
- Responsible for building security systems (card access and video surveillance).
- Responsible for pulling and reviewing annual MVR reports for all employee drivers
- All other duties as assigned by HR Director
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college in Industrial Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a safety role; manufacturing experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in safety standards
- First Aid and CPR certified
- LSS Continuous Improvement experience a plus
- Has high level of confidentiality
- Can effectively set priorities and influence others to achieve tasks
- Excellent ability to multi-task to meet changing deadlines
- Has effective problem solving skills
- Work accurately under pressure
- Shows integrity and trust
- We offer you a job in a fast growing international organization where entreneurship and creativity are valued
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits
- We offer the possibility to further expand your skills with a certain autonomy in a very dynamic team