Do you see yourself working in this function?
Scope of the function
BekaertDeslee integrates sustainability in the core of its strategy and recycling is becoming an increasingly important subject. We take it very seriously and want to invest in the future of tomorrow. BekaertDeslee therefore needs you to guide the company and take ownership of this key matter by implementing recycling processes understanding our business and opportunities. Recycling is seen as a key driver of future growth and a strong (indirect) contributor to the company’s results.
The key responsibility for the role is to develop and implement different recycling processes established for the company with or without the collaboration of external partners. Solid technical knowhow and commercial insights are crucial for success.
You will report to the Head of R&D functional technologies and have a functional reporting line to the Sustainability Manager.
DO you have what it takes to join the bekaertdeslee family?
- You obtained a master’s degree in engineering Material Sciences, Bioscience Engineering, or similar
- Several years of professional experience (+- 5 years) with recycling processes in an industrial company are a big asset
- You are passionate about recycling technologies and developing new processes
- You have entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
- You have technical knowledge of recycling technologies and industrial machinery
- Knowledge about polymers and polymer chemistry
- You have a strong analytical mindset and affinity with data in order to formulate resulting conclusions and actions
- You have strong project management skills, with a proven ability to manage quickly shifting priorities, requirements and overlapping deadlines
- You have the talent to work effectively with people at different levels through establishing positive, mutually respectful, and productive working relationships
- MS Office has no secrets for you
- You are fluent in English; other languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel to suppliers, congresses, … Travel will be predominantly in EU and take up to 10-20% of the function
- Strong influencing skills, able to make things work and mobilize teams
What do we give in return for your skills and motivation?
- We offer you a job in a fast-growing international organization where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits
- Company car (electric)
- We offer the possibility to further expand your skills in a very dynamic team
- 2 days per week remote working
- Despite its worldwide presence, the company has kept an important entrepreneurial vibe and appreciates initiative and out of the box thinking
- We give you the environment to challenge yourself and take ownership