We are seeking an experienced Production Manager to join our team be responsible for all processes related to the manufacturing, warehousing and maintenance of the operation
In this position, you will be providing support to VP Operations BDNA
Prepares and recommends for the approval by the VP Operations and General Management
Yearly production plan based on the projected sales budget relative to:
- The required capacity (machines & equipment),
- The required manning & organization
- The required raw material and auxiliary products, spare parts, energy, etc
Investment plan (Yearly or, if necessary, on incidental basis) based on:
- Necessary replacement investments
- Projections relative to expansion investments
- Technological improvement opportunities relative to productivity, safety, quality and/or environment
Yearly work plan. The work plan will specifically include cost reduction targets and progress follow-up. Cost reductions areas include, among others:
- Efficiency improvements,
- Waste reduction
- Reduction of off-quality, incl. customer returns, seconds, etc.
B) Organizes, coordinates and controls:
- The execution of the approved plans,
- The product flow in order to manufacture, against the lowest possible cost, and in accordance with the product specifications, the volumes that are requested from the planning department that are in agreement with the sales department needs and projections.
- The optimal staffing of the departments with respect to number of associates, job knowledge, training criteria and motivation.
- The continuous development and evaluation of new products and technologies.
- Process improvements and implementation thereof in order to improve safety, quality, efficiency and environmental impact.
- The reporting analysis as needed or required.
- The correct implementation of the quality assurance policies
- The compliance with laws and regulations relative to safety, hygiene and environment in coordination/cooperation with the HR and Safety Coordinator, as well as the correct implementation of the prevention management related to safety and environmental compliance.
- The correct implementation of the QA system in accordance with the QA principles set by general management.
- 5S projects in the departments to improve the safety of the work environment, quality of processes and products and efficiencies.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual posting and analysis of production and performance data. Training and disciplinary actions taken based on results.
- The compliance with laws and regulations relative to safety, etc. in coordination/ cooperation with the HR and Safety Coordinator.
- The professional development of his/her direct reports and creating succession development plans.
- Lead by example on the cultural transformation by demonstrating commitment and providing coaching to his direct reports on the Daily Performance Management (DPM)
- Establishes and maintains contact with persons and organizations that can help with the optimal execution of the job.
- Establishes and maintains contact with the other Business Units of the BD Group as well as other departments of the BDNA organization to promote and facilitate cooperation and the transfer of knowledge.
- Takes actively part in various meetings such as the monthly reporting meetings, quality meeting, Kaizens etc.
- A university degree in Textile Engineering, Textile Chemistry, Process Engineering, Production Management or similar through experience
- Five years of experience as Operations or Plant Manager with multiple shift systems in an integrated manufacturing environment
- Is business proficient in Spanish and English
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment based on Lean or World Class Manufacturing principles
- Technical knowledge of textile manufacturing processes is a strong plus
- Experience in manufacturing of woven or knitted mattress ticking is a strong plus
- User knowledge of the SAP, BI and BMS system in general and related reports in specific
- Strong aptitude to effectively analyze large and complex data sets. Ability to use data to identify trends in quality and efficiency by employee, style of product, and knitting set
- Strong soft skills to lead and coach the organization
- Demonstrate systems thinking, process approach and risk management
- Has effective problem-solving skills
- Establishes and maintains contact with persons and organizations that can help with the optimal execution of the job
You will have the opportunity to learn and build experience and further expand your skills in a highly dynamic team.
We offer you a job in an agile and international working environment where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued.
The BD work@home policy will support you in creating a good work – life balance.
You will receive an attractive salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits.
Are you interested?