Posted: 10/05/2021 | Close date: 30/07/2021 | Location: China, Wuxi
1. Defines & Implements procurement strategy for the Yarn category in alignment with the business and submits for approval to CPO.
2. Provides leadership to execute category strategy throughout the organization.
3. Handles RFQ’s/RFI’s, negotiates and concludes contracts, frame-agreements, SLA’s for requested quantity of products within the required timeframe to guarantee the most competitive cost of ownership.
4. In cooperation with the BU’s and IDE (if applicable) develops and executes a yearly savings plan.
5. Builds a portfolio of validated exchangeable suppliers in cooperation with Sourcing.
6. Validates suppliers and builds close and long term relationships with suppliers in order to mutually reduce costs, build trust, increase service, process efficiency and speed.
7. Efficiently implements the purchasing processes of the name category in close cooperation with the Procurement Excellence Manager.
8. Manages and reports the supplier and category performance through ad hoc dashboard and KPI’s.
9. Identifies potential strategic risks and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate and mitigate these risks.
10. Gathers and maintains relevant Market Intelligence and trends.
11. Continuously improves the procurement performance.
12. Works and share information cross functionally and across BU’s to drive performance.
13. Monitors the correct implementation of negotiated contracts.
14. Works in close collaboration with BU Procurement Manager to insure correct implementation of and compliance with the CPT Yarn Category Strategy.
Professional qualifications and knowledge:
• Preferably master or equivalent through at least 5 years Procurement experience with yarns
• At least 3 years of successful experience in category management
• Technical knowledge of Yarns
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong influencing- and decision making skills with a focus on collaborative working in a matrix structure
• Strong analytical mind with strategic ability
• Strong negotiation skills, knowledge of supplier management
• Knowledge of supply chain management and product life cycle
• High ethical standards and integrity : working in a transparent way
• Hands-on mentality and result driven
• Curious • Embraces fact-based decision making
• Helicopter view
• Business sense
• Ability to deal with change and resistance