Posted: 28/06/2021 | Location: USA, Winston Salem
- Is responsible for the implementation, follow up and actively guiding PLM & NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Definition and follow up of all major projects from first samples yarn orders to customer satisfaction after launch (including CO SUPPLY) for the top customers
- Review and preparation/ coordination of samples with Sales (needs, quality, delivery)
- Project management across BDUS units for Launch readiness
- Project management in BDMA on launches and transfers for our key accounts products.
- In the lead for re-engineering opportunities with customers (technical costs savings or spec improvements)
- Responsible for the execution and writing of all the technical documentation for the following project documentation types: PPT, New Product Evaluation, R&D, CARs,PDCA, Risk Assessment and Action Plan, and Project Charters and coordination of PPAP with Quality manager
- Must have the ability to analyse off quality problems and the capacity to work with the IDE & manufacturing team to fix issues during the development.
- Develops internal Product development scorecard to be shared with plant monthly to track progress
- Collaborate w suppliers during development to ensure the BekaertDeslee quality standards.
- Work with IDE and CPT to develop BekaertDeslee specifications for incoming raw materials (yarns, glues, cones, etc.) with targets and ranges
- Must be able to project manage in re-engineering products
- Must actively participate in team meetings
- Must display a passion for future products and technologies
- Makes technical data sheet and product specifications
- Must show initiative and enthusiasm in their job
- Must realize the Targets in associates personal goals and objectives as written in the Performance Management System (BD Coach)
- Evaluate manufacturing processes robustness and efficiencies
- Use engineering skills to improve processes.
- Develops new processes.
- Ensure processes produce quality product.
- Use statistical sampling processes.
- Make improvements and monitor the progress.
- Using Bekaert Deslee’s chosen methodologies, identify, recommend for approval and implement projects and actions to eliminate waste or losses (in its widest sense) in manufacturing.
- Change mindset and behaviours at all levels of the organization through influencing key stakeholders and engaging operators and technicians on the shop floor.
- Serve as a full partner to the business in evaluating and challenging the status quo to identify value opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), ability to work with web based applications.
- Textile experience is not required but desirable
- University degree; Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business preferred
- Proven track record of operational effectiveness
- Must be able to communicate in and report in English, Spanish is a plus.
- We offer you a job in a fast growing international organization where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits
- We offer the possibility to further expand your skills with a certain autonomy in a very dynamic team