Location: Belgium, Waregem
For our Group Operations Team, we are currently looking for a:
Project Engineer Global Maintenance
- Developing maintenance procedures and ensuring implementation (with a strong focus on preventive maintenance).
- Executing active problem solving for utilities and machinery in the innovation center
- Assisting business units in technical or maintenance related topics like problem solving, repairs, trainings, planning, spare parts ….
- Supporting and advising to complete the approved projects in the desired quality and under deadline conditions
- Carry out inspections of the facilities and machinery to identify and resolve issues
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Making service agreement with the purpose of maintenance – repair with accredited/sufficient firms in the direction of the needs of the business
- Checking whether service firms deliver what is promised
- Checking whether service-maintenance contract signed firms goes on their services in the periods stated in the contract
- Approving documents about taking maintenance service after service completion
- Monitoring expenses and controlling the budget for maintenance by preparing a monthly cost chart of Electric, Natural Gas, Water and send it to the department of finance
- Keeping maintenance logs and report on daily activities, e.g. control forms of auxiliary facilities (compressors, loom air conditioner, fire pump office and fire lines, hot oil boiler, steam boiler, package treatment).
- Planning and overseeing all repair and installation activities
- Monitoring equipment inventory and placing orders when necessary
- Supporting and advising to obtain spare materials from inland and abroad in the scope of maintenance
- Overseeing approval for establishment/start-up of new arrival machines
- Making and approving the orders of spare parts by checking the amount of need.
- Approving the convenience of received spare parts with regards to amount and quality.
- Ensure health and safety policies
- Professional Bachelor in Electro mechanics or other relevant field
- Proven experience as maintenance engineer
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of welding, mechanical and electrical systems etc.
- Technical (electrical and mechanical) knowledge of facilities equipment and machines
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- BA4/BA5 license
- Knowledge of maintenance programs
- Active knowledge of welding, PLC Programming, Lathe machine
- Skilled in reading electrical blueprints
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical repair
- Knowledge of utilities (high voltage, low voltage, gas, compressed air, climatization, (cooling) water supply, water purification, steam, …
- Working knowledge of MS Office and/or relevant software (e.g. SAP)
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Project management mindset
- Analytical and excellent problem-solver
- Hands on
- Willing to travel up to 30% of your time worldwide
- Team player
- Skilled communicator with ability to liaise with senior level and represent BekaertDeslee globally