Location: Australia, Melbourne
Bekaert Deslee Australia (BDAU) has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Operation/CI Manager to join our team. With 100 employees on site employed in Production, Design, Sales and Administration, our manufacturing site is dynamic and customer driven. The position is based in Dandenong South, Victoria.
To manage all operation facets of the business operations, ensuring that all BDAU production and operations employees adhere to the operating and administrative procedures, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety policies. Continuous improvement (CI) is an essential part of BD’s strategy this role coordinates and controls the continuous improvement activities within BDAU with an initial focus on improvement of manufacturing processes, but includes all processes in line with the strategic objectives of the company. The Operations and Continuous Improvement Manager implements Lean within the plant, working in close collaboration with the corporate CI leadership and the local management team.
The scope of this role will have full responsibility and accountability for the BDAU Operations and CI.
- Implement and manage CI in line with the Bekaert Deslee’ overall CI strategy and chosen methodologies.
- Hands on design, planning and leadership of CI projects with focus on improving safety, service, quality and productivity.
- Using the Bekaert Deslee’ chosen methodologies, identify, recommend for approval and implement projects and actions to eliminate waste or losses (in its widest sense) in manufacturing.
- Build Lean Six Sigma management capability to support deployment and ensure sustainable improvements through coaching, training and facilitating interventions.
- Change mind set and behaviours at all levels of the organization through influencing key stakeholders and engaging operators on the shop floor.
- Provide Lean Six Sigma expertise to the organization and support the ongoing development of values and principles required to achieve cultural change and transformation.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members, customers and visitors.
- All vehicles, equipment and other assets to be used safely and properly maintained.
- Ensures that all Legislative requirements are complied with in terms of environmental controls, emissions, safe use and disposal of materials and chemicals.
- Ensure that the facility is fully compliant with all Company safety and EEO policies and procedures.
Management and other Duties
- Instill a positive culture of cost management and customer first thinking, resulting in market leading turnaround times, delivery in full, productivity measures, and cost control.
- Improved in all leading indicators, as per the agreed guidelines
- Maintains and improves personal contacts with the different units within BAU, important suppliers and customers, where applicable, Weaving and knitting technology trends, and each individual or organization which can have an important contribution to the success of the company.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, including responding to customer requests.
THE RIGHT PERSON MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES?
- High level quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong people skills, especially at influencing others
- Strong project and change management skills
- Hands-on mentality, enjoys working on the shop floor
- Embraces fact-based decision making
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage change
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work up, down and across a complex organization, connecting at all levels
- Flexible and stress-resistant, able to work to deadlines and to prioritize conflicting and changing priorities
- Strong drive for excellence, tenacious
- Committed to personal development