Location: Belgium, Waregem
- You strategically plan and manage all European activities in logistics, warehousing and transportation
- You are responsible for executing your business value stream, responding to emerging needs, and identifying risks and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- You direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle • You must build relationships, liaise and negotiate with external logistic mediators (warehouses, freight forwarders, transport companies, etc.).
- You keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- You will efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within the budget and distribution strategy.
- You maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- You comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- You ensure optimal staffing in different warehouses within BekaertDeslee Europe
- You lead projects to continuously optimize packaging, inbound, warehousing and outbound within the European sites
- You ensure the efficient packaging, warehousing and shipping of the finished goods of Bekaert Deslee Europe
- You control the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished products ensuring OTIF service level expectations
- You are responsible for the associated invoicing and the preparation of all necessary export documents as permitted sender under customs control.
- You create and maintain detailed financial reporting on all import activities including order management, logistics and shipping.
- You organize the external transport concerning supply of raw materials and delivery of finished products to customers, securing quality and service.
- You execute correct inventory movements, controls
- You supervise, coach and train the logistics team and our logistic teams in our European Business Units.
- You report to the Supply Chain Director Europe
- Master degree in Logistics or an equivalent level through experience
- Experienced in an international business-to-business environment
- Proven experience as Logistics Manager
- Knowledge of international import/export, customs legislation and related documentation
- Willing to travel frequently within Europe
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with an attention to fine detail
- Strong negotiation skills to communicate internally and externally with customers, suppliers, expedition agencies and customs officers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office and SAP
- We offer you a job in a fast growing international organization where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued.
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits.
- We offer the possibility to further expand your skills in a very dynamic team.