Location: Belgium, Waregem
BekaertDeslee is the world’s leading specialist in the development and manufacturing of woven and knitted mattress textiles. We employ more than 3200 people and have 19 production units worldwide. The headquarter and a high tech innovation & Design Center are located in Belgium (Waregem). We dedicate ourselves every day to innovate and inspire our customers. For our Group Innovation, Development and Engineering team, we are currently looking for a:
Head of Innovation Development and Engineering - Knitting
- You're responsible to have the operational effectiveness and efficiencies of all BD manufacturing technologies on world class level
- You optimize our product and process development lead-times in order for our business units across the world to become/stay the leaders in their markets.`
- You lead the technical product innovation – machine / feature development - in line with (future) market needs based on deep technical understanding of the equipment relevant to the knitting technology
- You are the lead technical expert for the knitting technology
- You are responsible from A to Z on products, technologies and global processes in knitting
- You report directly to the COO of BekaertDeslee
- Together with your team (5 direct reports), you manage all knitting activities worldwide
- BSc or MSc in Textiles or Electro Mechanics or other relevant field
- Proven experience (min. 10 years) in a textile production environment (knitted), by preference in mattress ticking / machine building
- A thorough knowledge of textile constructions and particularly all production processes that allow to develop a fabric starting from the idea up to the finished fabric
- A thorough knowledge of all textile materials and all textile manufacturing processes
- Keen interest in the BD innovation process and BD design process
- Knowledge of quality management, Six Sigma techniques and Project management
- You are eager to learn, flexible and able to work towards the set targets
- You have technical authority to represent BD's interests towards the own organization and towards third parties
- You have delegated authority from the COO to ensure BD Global Engineering standards are applied and compliant
- You ensure a fluent communication, both written and spoken in at least English (= company language).
- You have the required social and dialogue skills to get in contact with suppliers or customers for advise in all Engineering related matters.
- We offer you a job in a fast growing international organization where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued.
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits.
- We offer the possibility to further expand your skills in a very dynamic company.
Please e-mail your CV to Lore Verkest - HR Business Partner Belgium - email@example.com