Location: Belgium, Waregem
In this position you will be responsible for cash management and financing activities of the BekaertDeslee Group. The objective is to assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company. Main responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
- Develop processes and systems to determine worldwide cash position.
- Track and manage intra-company funding.
- Improve working capital management for the Group.
- Monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modeling.
- Monitor the Group’s Foreign Exchange exposure, recommend appropriate hedging strategies and execute financial derivatives such as FX swaps and FX Forwards to mitigate financial risks to P&L and cash.
- Manage commodity price risks.
- Maintain close contact with banking and financial institutions; negotiation of financing with banks.
- Conduct benchmark studies of banks and their services to evaluate whether it fits Group’s requirements.
- Manage the Treasury internal and external audit processes and engagement with auditors.
- Manage payment processing and fraud prevention functions.
- Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls. • Manage financing aspects of investment projects.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Ensuring accurate accounting & reporting of Treasury transactions including month end close, reconciliations, IFRS mark to markets, hedge accounting, statutory accounts and notes to the yearend financial statements.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Support and participate in Group’s Strategic Plan activities.
- Report to the CFO
- Proven multi-national and international experience in a manufacturing business environment
- Experience in maintaining a treasury management system
- Knowledge of financial products and techniques to reduce FX, commodity and interest rate related risks
- Understanding and daily managing a cash pool on corporate level
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans • Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, multi-tasker, highly organized
- First class teamwork and knowledge-sharing. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to build bridges with accounting & finance responsible across the world.
- Ability to work independently, hands-on and manage projects to completion
- Proven ability to produce high quality work with the appropriate level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of treasury software expertise a plus
- Prepared to travel (10-20 %)
- Fluent in English