Posted: 17/05/2021 | Close date: 30/06/2021 | Location: China, Wuxi
1 Ability to design for all woven and knit constructions offered by BekaertDeslee China.
2 Contribute ideas to the overall design direction on customer specific projects as well open-line product offerings.
3 Stay current on market trends with regard to product type, fabric construction, color trends and design trends.
4 Development of new innovative designs in accordance with market trends.
5 Merchandise fabric collections for presentation to customers or open-line.
6 Prepare trend presentations and supporting materials for use in customer presentations.
7 Work with customers to assess and execute their specific design needs as needed.
8 Ability to address fabric quality issues through fabric engineering and design.
9 Maintain working knowledge of BekaertDeslee' capabilities and product offering.
10 To learn cover related knowledge and make cover designs according to customers’ requests.
11 Development of new cover designs which are matching industrial requirements, and market trends.
12 Other tasks assigned by the department leaders.
Professional qualifications and knowledge:
• University degree in fashion, textile engineering or textiles design or equivalent knowledge through experience.
• A thorough knowledge of and interest in textiles in general and of the BDCN product assortment.
• Knowledge and understanding of textile production processes and its key drivers.
• Strong skill on EAT, SAP, Photoshop.
• Being able to and interested in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive), as well as up-to-date communication technologies (e.g. Teams for Business).
• A thorough understanding of and adherence to the BD Values, BD principles of quality, safety, environment and its Code of Conduct.
• Has technical authority to represent BekaertDeslee to official authorities, and to represent BekaertDeslee interest to the BekaertDeslee organization and to customers.
• Thorough knowledge of English and Chinese to ensure a fluent communication, both writ¬ten and spoken.
• Has the required social skills to make new contacts to build up business relations with customers and other stakeholders.
• Has good team spirit and willing to share