Location: Australia, Melbourne
BekaertDeslee Australia (BDAU) has an opportunity for a motivated person to join our design team as a Designer. With 100 employees on site employed in Production, Design, Sales and Administration, our manufacturing site is dynamic and customer driven. The position is based in Dandenong South, Victoria.
• Researching and creating new designs weaves and constructions.
• Developing, interpreting, modifying and visualising innovative and marketable textile products.
• Creating new fabric designs using EAT, CAD/CAM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Managing fabric designs from inception through to the finished product.
• Providing innovative and original concepts by drawing on your textile design experience, creativity and skills.
• Building strong relationships, internally and externally, across the whole production process of fabric
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A tertiary qualification or equivalent in Textile Design.
• A strong commitment to textiles and a passion for knits and Jacquards.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• A professional work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively within the Design team.
• Collaborate closely with Sales team and Product development
• Confidence to build a strong partnership with our customers
• Ability to travel (customer visits, fairs, market research)
• A great eye for detail within large scale design.
• Willingness to spend the time on quality rather than quantity
• Work within set timelines
• Gain a strong insight in the market
• Ability to work independently and be accountable for your projects.
• Proven organisational and communication skills with an eye for detail.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Proven ability to coordinate projects and work within complex environments
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this fantastic opportunity, please have them contact: Daniela Ghioghiu, HR Manager on 0412 701 831 or email resume to email@example.com