Posted: 05/05/2019 | Close date: 17/06/2019 | Location: USA, Winston Salem
Main responsibilities and key activities:
1. Implement and manage CI in line with the BekaertDeslee’s overall CI strategy and chosen methodologies.
2. Hands on design, planning and leadership of CI projects with focus on improving safety, service, quality and productivity.
3. Using the BekaertDeslee chosen methodologies, identify, recommend for approval and implement projects and actions to eliminate waste or losses (in its widest sense) in manufacturing.
4. Build Lean Six Sigma management capability to support deployment and ensure sustainable improvements through coaching, training and facilitating interventions.
5. Change mind set and behaviours at all levels of the organization through influencing key stakeholders and engaging operators on the shop floor.
6. Serve as a full partner to the business in evaluating and challenging the status quo to identify value opportunities.
7. Provide Lean Six Sigma expertise to the organization and support the ongoing development of values and principles required to achieve cultural change and transformation.
8. Be the face to the customer in everything related to (manufacturing) process improvement.
9. Assist the Director of CI to develop CI Playbooks, training materials and support systems.
Professional qualifications and knowledge:
• University degree; Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business preferred
• Minimum 5 to 10 years of leadership experience in process improvement in an industrial environment with focus on Lean implementation
• Experience supervising and managing others is required
• Experience leading Kaizen Events
• Hands on leader of at least 20 Lean Six Sigma projects
• LSS Black belt or above preferred
• Proven track record of operational effectiveness
• Affinity with working in an international context
• Textile experience desired
• Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset